- Staying in the kind of place where you don't want to leave your room because you'll miss it while you're out
- Venture a little further into historic York or Harrogate - ready to hit the shops and the famous Bettys tea rooms
- Wandering around the surrounding countryside with your wellies and wax jackets on
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wetherby, West Yorkshire
An historic hotel in the Yorkshire countryside with breakfast, three-course dinner and a bottle of champagne
The four-star Wood Hall Hotel & Spa is located just outside the quaint market town of Wetherby, in the West Yorkshire countryside - the kind of countryside that probably inspired Emily Bronte to pen Wuthering Heights.
Originally built as a country escape for the wealthy Vavasour family in the 17th century, this one-time holiday home is now a luxurious hotel with an indulgent lord of the manor setting.
Wood Hall is a grand and sprawling house in a grand location - set at the end of long private drive in 100 acres of gorgeous countryside. The beautiful grounds and grand building will have you dreaming of simpler times when taking a turn about the room was a fun way to spend an afternoon.
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions