Wood Hall Hotel & Spa
Wetherby, West Yorkshire
An historic hotel in the Yorkshire countryside with breakfast, three-course dinner and a bottle of champagne
The four-star Wood Hall Hotel & Spa is located just outside the quaint market town of Wetherby, in the West Yorkshire countryside - the kind of countryside that probably inspired Emily Bronte to pen Wuthering Heights.
Originally built as a country escape for the wealthy Vavasour family in the 17th century, this one-time holiday home is now a luxurious hotel with an indulgent lord of the manor setting.
Wood Hall is a grand and sprawling house in a grand location - set at the end of long private drive in 100 acres of gorgeous countryside. The beautiful grounds and grand building will have you dreaming of simpler times when taking a turn about the room was a fun way to spend an afternoon.
Completed in 1750, the ivy-clad Wood Hall exudes peace and tranquility. It’s packed with original features and has been decorated beautifully with furnishings that are sympathetic to the era when the hotel was built, yet still contemporary with a polished high-end finish.
The hotel facilities are top-notch; there’s fine dining in the excellent restaurant, regular events such as dinner shows and murder mystery evenings. Then we have the best bit; a state-of-the-art spa and health club with a well-equipped gym, heated indoor swimming pool, treatment rooms, a steam room, lounge and an impressive selection of treatments available.
Bedrooms are luxurious and comfortable spaces with many original features, deluxe beds with the finest cotton sheets, décor is predominantly in soft tones with occasional splashes of colour, and then you have plush carpets and plenty of stylish soft furnishings to finish the room perfectly.
- Large flat screen TVs with digital channels
- DVD player with DVD library
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Complimentary bottled mineral water
- Complimentary broadband access
- Iron and ironing board
- Safety deposit box
- Hair dryer and grooming amenities
- Selection of magazines
- Exclusive toiletries by Gilchrist & Soames
- Turndown service
You have two top dining options at Wood Hall, both of which are a significant cut above your average hotel restaurant fodder. There’s the grand Georgian Restaurant – an elegant restaurant set in the old dining hall of Wood Hall. Packed with original features and smart décor – the Georgian Restaurant is all about fine dining, fresh local flavours and an excellent wine list.
The Drawing Room is a decadent, relaxing lounge and bar with a roaring fireplace, informal seating and cosy décor – here you can indulge in champagne afternoon tea, delicious comfort food and evening cocktails.
Handily for keen walkers, the hotel is right in the middle of the gorgeous Yorkshire countryside. There are rolling hills and lush greenery as far as the eye can see. Other good weekendy things to do and see include the splendid Harewood House, the rural village of Timble, Wetherby town centre has many quaint little shops and cafes, or for some more serious dining and shopping; Leeds, York and Harrogate are all a short drive away.
The best bit...
- Staying in the kind of place where you don't want to leave your room because you'll miss it while you're out
- Venture a little further into historic York or Harrogate - ready to hit the shops and the famous Bettys tea rooms
- Wandering around the surrounding countryside with your wellies and wax jackets on
Why book with us?
- The best rates online. Guaranteed
We always check to make sure that we're the best deal online during our hand-picked sales. Buy with us in total confidence, knowing that our team of experts has already scoured the internet looking for the best prices.
Learn more about our price guarantee in our FAQ section.
- Pick your dates and we do the rest - no vouchers!
- Offers may include member perks, better rooms and more
- Holidays with flights are ATOL protected
Can't commit to booking right now?Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our terms and conditions